Friday, September 26, 2008

Taking His Words

This conversation happened on the way home from dinner last night:

Phillip: Mommy, did you see that boy in the garage?
Me: Yes, I did.
Phillip: You did? You saw that boy in the garage?
Me: Yes, I saw the man in the garage.
Phillip: Daddy, did you see that boy in the garage?
Chris: No, I didn't.
Phillip: No? You didn't see the boy in the garage?
Chris: No, but I take your word for it.
Phillip: Huh?
Chris: I take your word for it. I believe you.
Phillip: Word? Believe? You?
Chris: I believe there was a man in the garage even though I didn't see it. I take your word for it.
Phillip: How you take my words for? (He still says how for why.)
Hilarious laughter from Chris and I.
Phillip: Don't take my words Daddy.
More laughter by Chris and I.
Phillip: Daddy, How are you laughing for?
Chris: Because you're funny.
Phillip: Mommy, how are you laughing for?
Me: Because you make me laugh.
Phillip: How you take my words for?
More laughter by everyone in the car.

Aren't they just precious how they take everything so literally? See ya later alligator...

2 comments:

The Full(ton) House said...

Thats too funny!! Alex still ask me how daddy got stuck at work? And if he got a boo boo from it. LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's too cute! I just love that age when they are so literal. :)