Thursday, June 12, 2008

Frustration

Here's a conversation between me and Phillip today on the way home from his doctor's appointment.

Me: Breathing a big, exasperated sigh because the person in front of me took forever and a day to turn.
Phillip: Are you so frustrated mommy?
Me: Yes, Phillip, I am.
Phillip: How are you so frustrated mommy? (He uses the word 'how' for the word 'why'.)
Me: Because the people in front of us took a long time to turn.
Phillip: They took a long time to turn? I know mommy, I know. (All soothing and comforting, like he was the parent!)

They really do say the darndest things! See ya later alligator...

2 comments:

The Full(ton) House said...

Its amazing at how much they pay attention to things like that. The kids have heard me say "Move Lady" a few too many times when someone is going too slow or taking forever to turn. Now whenever we are stopped even if its b/c we have a red light, they start yelling " Move Lady, move Lady!! I know I'm a terrible mom. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I believe all mothers have been in our shoes! Children listen more than we realize, and some times it's alarming to hear them repeat what we've said back to us. It's an eye opener that's for sure!

Thanks for sharing! I got a good laugh. :)