Wednesday, July 2, 2008

He's Free, Free at Last!

Andrew has quickly reached another milestone...watch the video below to see a fairly accurate reenactment.


Last night, as I was hosting my ladies Bible study, the boys had been put to bed and Phillip pokes his head out and says, "Mom! Andrew's out of bed." I thought to myself, "Lord, no, please don't let him have said what I think he just said." So, Chris goes to check and, sure enough, Andrew has crawled out of his bed and gotten in Phillip's bed. I knew it was only a matter of time, but I'm just not ready yet! He proceeded to do it 2 more times. He was very proud of himself and kept wanting to show me (Chris kept going in since I was trying to do my Bible study). So, I guess the crib is being turned into a toddler bed tonight. And I have a feeling that it's going to take them a looooong time to get to sleep tonight, with them both being able to get out of bed now. Here are the step by step instructions...

Step 1: Stand up in the crib with mischievous smile

Step 2: Hold on and do a roundhouse kick up to side of crib (while smiling proudly)

Step 3: With fierce concentration, lean forward, drop leg over side,
and bring other leg up and over

Step 4: Drop other leg over, step to the floor, and give a shout of victory!!
See ya later alligator...

2 comments:

Susan said...

I had to watch that video in secret...I don't want Andrew giving Sara any ideas! I love the way he took his time and was very careful about the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I just love how children get so excited when they learn something new like getting out of bed all by themselves. Andrew is adorable!