Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Manners Lesson

I just overheard this conversation between Phillip & Andrew...

Phillip finds Andrew's juice and holds it out to him.
P: "Andrew, here's your juice"
A: He comes running, takes it from him and starts drinking it.
P: "Andrew, what do you say?" (in a very sing-songy voice)
A: Still drinking, he says nothing
P: You say, 'Thank you Phillip'.
A: "Thank you Phillip"
P: "You're welcome Andrew"

So, are these manners getting so hammered in his head that he's now trying to teach Andrew or is it just something he remembers me saying every time he gets something from me and wants Andrew to do the same thing?!? I guess I should be thankful he's teaching him about saying thank you instead of how to do the myriad of other things he does that he's not supposed to.

Since it seems like I haven't posted any recent pictures, I was going to take one of the two of them being all cute together, well notice there is no picture posted. That's what happens when you want to take a picture, oh well, maybe next time. See ya later alligator...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Emma does the same thing to Sara. I think it's so cute!

Marin said...

That's great. Liam gets Connor's bottles and cups for him all the time. Today, Paul asked Connor to say thank you (we're starting to work on his signs) and Liam chimed in "thank you, thank you". I guess Liam's going to do it for him.