Monday, February 2, 2009

His Own Game

I'm sitting with Andrew while he finishes his breakfast. He says, "Hey! Let's play the hopscotch train game."
Puzzled, I respond, "I don't know what that is."
Smiling, he says, "It's where you take the trains and you say, 'Hopscotch, here we come'!"
Laughing, I say, "Okay, let's play when you get done."
He says, "Daddy, and Phillip, and Mommy, and Andrew can all get trains and play."
I say, "Daddy and Phillip aren't here."
He says, "Oh, yeah, they're at work."
I say, "Well, Daddy is at work and Phillip is at school."
He says, "You can sit in the chair and I'll sit on the couch and wait for them." "Mommy, you can sit in the chair and I'll sit on the couch and wait."

After breakfast, he immediately went and got the trains and got one for himself and said, "Hey! Let's play" pause "Oh, you don't have a train, let me get you a train Mommy." He goes and gets me Emily. "Here you go Mommy, let's play now" and he's off doing something else.

All day long, it's his own games and ideas...with no one's help.

See ya later alligator...

No comments: