Monday, March 17, 2008

Daddy's Hair

As you know, we have two chocolate labs, which despite my best efforts deposit dark brown hair all over our house. Phillip is obsessed with telling me every time he sees dog hair. Which, as you can imagine, is 24/7! Because even when I vacuum the family room and kitchen (yes, I vacuum the kitchen), there's hair back on the floor before I can even get the vacuum put away.

So, Chris is sitting on the couch yesterday without his shirt on (since it is a balmy 78 degrees here). I wouldn't consider him a hairy person, but he does have a smattering of curly brown hair on his chest. Phillip was sitting in his lap rubbing his hands through it (why are kids so obsessed with running their hands through hair?) and said...
"Is this dog hair?!?"
Chris and I burst out laughing. Chris started to try to explain to Phillip that no, it was not dog hair, but his own hair. Chris started tugging it a little to show Phillip that it was attached and telling him it was like the hair on his head. The incredulous look on Phillip's face was priceless. I still don't think he gets it. I'm pretty sure that he still thinks it's dog hair, but he's smart enough not to say anything!!

I'm not sure if this story will be as funny to read as it was when it happened. But, this is exactly the reason that I decided to start this blog, to chronicle the everyday little things that I never remember and that never make it in e-mails and phone calls. Keep visiting back for more of our escapades. See ya later alligator...

2 comments:

Marin said...

Ugh. The never-ending vacuuming job when you have dogs and boys!!! It's kind of depressing actually; why do we even bother to clean the floor?

Susan said...

Cute! You just never know what they are going to say!