Friday, April 11, 2008

The Goldfish Bandit Strikes Again

We're hanging out at home today. Andrew woke up before Phillip and had his snack and got some alone playtime (his favorite!). Phillip woke up a little later and wanted a snack. So, I sat him on the couch with his goldfish and juice in front of him on a TV tray. Andrew, of course, wanted some goldfish, but I told him no because he had just had his own snack. About 10 minutes later, I see Andrew streak across the room, reach in, snatch about 3 goldfish and stuff them in his mouth before I can even blink my eyes. Of course, my reaction is a little delayed because I'm still trying to process what I just saw. Phillip pitches a fit! He wants those goldfish back - NOW! I have to go scold Andrew (although he does get a nice little reward for his efforts) and appease Phillip with two new goldfish. A few minutes later, Andrew is standing a few feet away from the TV tray with a glint in his eyes and a sly grin on his face. Phillip immediately recognizes what is about to happen and quickly calls mommy to the rescue. I have to jump up at lightning speed (which is no easy feat) to avert the criminal before he can pillage again. At least he hasn't stolen anything from the grocery store - yet...

1 comment:

The Full(ton) House said...

This made me laugh my tail off. Riley does this a lot and she is so fast Alex doen't even know its coming. He cry as though its the end of his world. Its little comforting to me that my kids aren't the only ones who do this.