Monday, April 21, 2008

Pancakes

First, I apologize for not posting in awhile, it's been a crazy week.

Here's a quick story to bring you laugh on this Monday. We were eating breakfast this morning. Andrew was saying a word over and over and I had absolutely no idea what he was trying to tell me (don't you just love that "we only understand half of what our 2 year old says" stage?!?). I kept guessing what he was trying to say. One of my guesses was, "pancakes?" At this, he got a big smile on his face and said, "K." That's his version of okay, and what he says instead of yes. I'm not sure if this really is what he was trying to say or not, but it was my best guess. You see, Chris has gotten in the habit of fixing the boys pancakes on Saturday mornings and it is a huge hit! They look forward to it all week. So, pancakes were fresh on their brain from this weekend. After I guessed pancakes and Andrew said okay, Phillip says, "No Andrew! Mommy doesn't make pancakes! Daddy makes pancakes. Mommy only makes (he pauses for a moment, thinking) oatmeal and raisins and yogurt." HA! Oatmeal with raisins and yogurt are our typical morning fare and obviously the only thing I can fix. I guess that let's me of the hook for lunch and dinner! See ya later alligator...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Funny! Emma thinks the same thing about ironing. Every morning while I'm helping the girls eat, Marcus irons his clothes for work. One day I had to iron something before church and she said something to the effect that ironing was something that Daddy did. I won't mind giving that task to Daddy!