Sunday, April 13, 2008

Losing Goldfish

This post is totally for Chris, my dear, sweet hubby because he could not stop giggling when this happened. Really. For about 20 or so minutes after the fact, he was still laughing. So, here you go dear...

In Phillip's Sunday school class, they give the kids a snack. Normally, he's all done with it by the time we pick him up, today though, they must have been running late, because he still had a little paper cup full of goldfish when I picked him up from his class. So, he carried it with him as we walked to the car. Chris and Andrew beat us to the car and were standing by it waving at us as we approached. Phillip starting running to them. As he did this, three goldfish bounced out of his cup onto the ground. He, of course, leaned over and started picking them up even as Chris was telling him no. I walked up just in time to see him put one of those goldfish in his mouth. He still had one clutched in his hand, so I made him throw it back on the ground. He was very upset by this (of course you know how precious goldfish are *insert eye-roll here*). He does this half hop, half bounce thing when he's upset, I guess just to prove to us how upset he really is. Well, he was really upset, so he bounce-hopped a couple of times. When he did this about half of his goldfish bounced out of his cup! Oh, this really upset him and he almost lost more goldfish. I basically then had to carry him screaming to the car and he cried most of the way home. I'm not sure if I've been able to capture the irony of losing more goldfish from being upset over losing one goldfish, but it was pretty funny. (Phillip saw no humor in the situation at all!) See ya later alligator...
PS-I'm sensing a theme here with these goldfish-related posts!

No comments: